I am a postdoctoral Research Associate in the Theoretical Systems Biology group working with Prof. Michael Stumpf, on a project funded by the BBSRC.
After completing my MSc degree in Applied Physics at Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, I started my PhD project at the Institute for Biological and Medical Imaging, Helmholtz Zentrum Munich, Germany on the subject of Hybrid Fluorescence Molecular Tomography and X-ray CT imaging.
The aim of my current research is to develop mathematical modelling tools that can be applied to increase understanding of biological processes, in combination with biological imaging technologies, for example cancer mechanisms and the stress response of bacteria.
- ESMI (European Society for Molecular Imaging) PhD award for excellent PhD thesis. www.e-smi.eu
- Short listed for Young Investigator Award at WC2009 conference
Ex-vivo assessment and non-invasive in vivo imaging of internal hemorrhages in Aga2/+ mutant mice
Ermolayev V, Cohrs CM, Mohajerani P, Ale A , Hrabé de Angelis M, Ntziachristos V.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013 Mar 8;432(2):389-93.
Improving limited-projection-angle fluorescence molecular tomography using a co-registered x-ray computed tomography scan
Radrich K, Ale A , Ermolayev V, Ntziachristos V.
J Biomed Opt. 2012 Dec;17(12):126011.
Preconditioning of the fluorescence diffuse optical tomography sensing matrix based on compressive sensing
Jin A, Yazici B, Ale A , Ntziachristos V.
Opt Lett. 2012 Oct 15;37(20):4326-8.
FMT-XCT: in vivo animal studies with hybrid fluorescence molecular tomography-X-ray computed tomography
Ale A , Ermolayev V, Herzog E, Cohrs C, de Angelis MH, Ntziachristos V.
Nat Methods. 2012 Jun;9(6):615-20. Epub 2012 May 6.
High resolution tumor targeting in living mice by means of multispectral optoacoustic tomography
Buehler A, Herzog E, Ale A, Smith BD, Ntziachristos V, Razansky D.
EJNMMI Res. 2012 Apr 1;2:14.
Revisiting the normalized Born approximation: effects of scattering
Pyka T, Schulz R, Ale A , Ntziachristos V.
Opt Lett. 2011 Nov 15;36(22):4329-31.
Performance evaluation of adaptive meshing algorithms for fluorescence diffuse optical tomography using experimental data
Zhou L, Yazıcı B, Ale AB , Ntziachristos V.
Opt Lett. 2010 Nov 15;35(22):3727-9.
Fast automatic segmentation of anatomical structures in x-ray computed tomography images to improve fluorescence molecular tomography reconstruction
Freyer M, Ale A, Schulz RB, Zientkowska M, Ntziachristos V, Englmeier KH
J Biomed Opt. 2010 May-Jun;15(3):036006.
Imaging performance of a hybrid x-ray computed tomography-fluorescence molecular tomography system using priors
Ale A, Schulz RB, Sarantopoulos A, Ntziachristos V.
Med Phys. 2010 May;37(5):1976-86.
Hybrid system for simultaneous fluorescence and x-ray computed tomography
Schulz RB, Ale A, Sarantopoulos A, Freyer M, Soehngen E, Zientkowska M, Ntziachristos V.
IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2010 Feb;29(2):465-73. Epub 2009 Nov 10
Monte Carlo simulation of the Greek Research Reactor neutron irradiation facilities
Stamatelatos IE, Varvayanni M, Tzika F, Ale ABF , Catsaros N
Nucl. Instrum. Methods B, 263 (2007), pp. 136–139
- In-vivo tumor imaging with Hybrid CT-Optical Tomography, Second Groningen Symposium on Bio-optical Imaging: From Bench to Bedside, Groningen, the Netherlands, 2011
Talks at conferences and seminars
- Imaging of small animals with a hybrid FMT-XCT system and hybrid reconstruction methods, Angelique Ale, Vladimir Ermolayev, Eva Herzog, Vasilis Ntziachristos, ECBO European Conference on Biomedical Optics, Munich, Germany, May 2011
- In-vivo tumor imaging using a hybrid FMT-XCT system with prior based reconstruction, Angelique Ale, Vladimir Ermolayev, Eva Herzog, Vasilis Ntziachristos, WMIC World Molecular Imaging Congress 2010, Kyoto, Japan, September 2010
- Hybrid FMT-XCT reconstruction using priors, Image-Guided Spectroscopy Symposium and Workshop, Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Darthmouth, USA, July 2010
- Fundamentals of fluorescence tomography and its application in biological imaging, 1st Symposium SFB 824, Alpbach, Austria, June 2010
- In-vivo fluorescence tomography of lung inflammation, Optical Imaging Workshop Public Private Partnership for Asthma Imaging and Genomics, University Medical Center Göttingen, Germany, November 2009
- FMT-XCT : Fluorescence Molecular Tomography & X-ray CT reconstruction using a priori information, A.B.F. Ale, E. Söhngen, R. B. Schulz and V. Ntziachristos, World Congres 2009 Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Munich, Germany, September 2009